For this recipe, you will need:
· 4 thick slices cheese bread of choice
· 2 tablespoons (1 oz.) extra-virgin olive oil
· 2 teaspoons Balsamic vinegar
· 2 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded, coarsely chopped
· 4 oz. fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
· 4 leaves fresh basil, finely chopped
· 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
· Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 400º F.
2) Place bread on baking sheet.
3) Bake 5 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted.
4) Remove from oven.
5) Whisk together oil and vinegar.
6) Drizzle teaspoon of mixture over bread slice.
7) Layer 1 tablespoon of diced tomato on toast.
8) Cover with 3 slices of mozzarella.
9) Sprinkle with additional diced tomato, herbs, salt and a generous amount of ground black pepper.
10) Proceed with remaining toast slices.
11) Return to oven and bake 4-6 minutes or until cheese is soft and melted.
12) Serve warm.
Back to Appetizers